Current as at 7pm 22/03/2020
Good Evening to all our wonderful patients out there!
Well the Corona virus is definitely here, and we are in a rapidly changing dynamic environment. Many of you will have heard last night that many non-essential services are to be avoided. We feel now more than ever your health is at its most important and our priority is you our patients.
????Please read this post in its entirety even if you are not a current patient of the clinic????
As mentioned before in our previous posts we at the Podiatry Point have been planning for this and are ahead of the game. There is no doubt that our lives in the next 6-12 months will not be as we know it and now is the time to adjust to the new norm. We have already taken extensive measures to go above and beyond the recommendations of the state and national health authorities and will continue to do so.
Last night the Prime Minister has directed people to stay close to home, but still utilise your essential services, in short to go directly to where you need to go, do what you need to do, and then go directly home.
Obviously, looking after your health is an essential service, we have taken additional steps to ensure you can continue to receive the care you need.
I would like to present to you your options moving forward so that you can continue to receive care and look after your health during these times.
- E-consult- Here at the Podiatry Point we are in the fortunate position of having provided a virtual, on line service for the last 4 years. Initially introduced to better service our rural and remote communities it is now available to local residents. What this means for you is that some of our existing patients will be able to continue their treatment utilising our online platform.
- Attend in person with additional measures – not all of our services are able to be delivered virtually and for the patients that this applies to, on top of our already rigorous application of hygiene standards, we will be adding the option for additional measures.
- Option to wait in the car park until your podiatrist is ready, just call us when you arrive at which time we can let you know your podiatrist is ready and you can go directly into the treatment room.
- No waiting at the front counter. Your podiatrist will make any future bookings in the room with you and we will ensure that you are the only one making payment at the counter.
- All Eftpos equipment and front counter is wiped down after each use with hospital grade disinfectant. Additionally, we will be requesting that there is no handling of cash or cards at the front counter you will be asked to either swipe your own cards or pay via direct debit.
- All podiatrists will wear gloves for all patient contact including the treatment of Musculoskeletal complaints (injuries/rehabilitation etc).
- I am a low risk person and would like to attend as normal – for those of you that are satisfied with, our already stringent hygiene practices, application of social distancing policy and fit into the low risk category we look forward to serving you as always for the coming days and weeks.
While these times are challenging and for some very daunting, we continue to be very optimistic that if we band together as a community, we will get through this. For some of you this may just be that opportunity you have been waiting for to focus on your health and fitness and maybe return to running or to learn a new skill. We look forward to serving you in any way we can and as a small business we appreciate your custom.
Please take this time to consider your health and well-being with every decision you make.
Remember we are only a phone call away if you have any questions or concerns, please use the message button to send us a message, or contact the clinic on 07 4646 2016.
Yours in Health
Lisa Wilkes – Director