Visit a Reputable Podiatrist in Toowoomba
We rely on our feet to conduct a wide variety of daily activities, which is why you may require the services of a qualified podiatrist in Toowoomba. The importance of your feet can’t be stressed enough. We depend on them to walk, run, work, and go about our daily lives. Whether you are standing in one spot or using your feet throughout the day, they are critical to assisting us in being active. At Podiatry Point, we are leaders in the treatment, prevention, and education of people regarding their lower limbs.
What You Should Know About Plantar Fasciitis Treatment in Toowoomba
Plantar Fasciitis is one of the common causes of heel pain in Toowoomba. There is a thick band of tissue that runs from your heel bone to the toes that can become inflamed and cause severe pain. Usually, it occurs during your first steps of the morning and feels as if blades are piercing the bottom of your foot. The pain subsides as you go about your day but can return with long periods of standing or immediately waking up from sitting down.
- Your plantar facia that is situated under your foot is responsible for supporting the arch of your foot and absorbs the shock of walking. Think of it as a sponge that eliminates the effect of the ground on your foot. It’s shaped like a bowstring, and when there’s too much pressure, it leads to tearing of the facia. A repeat of this over a short space of time may result in inflammation.
- Certain factors contribute to the problem. It is common in people between the ages of 40 and 60, while obesity places extra pressure on the plantar fascia. However, doing certain exercises such as long-distance running or ballet can be contributors to inflammation. Occupations that require you to stand on your feet are the biggest culprits that damage the plantar fascia, such as teaching and blue-collar jobs.
- Ignoring the pain and waiting for it to dissipate is the wrong approach. There is a high possibility that because of your altered walking to relieve pressure on the plantar fascia, you could end up with foot, knee, hip, or chronic back problems.
Related Services We Provide to Heel Pain Treatment in Toowoomba
Our professional team of podiatrists has training to assist people to live a better quality of life. Nobody should endure pain and suffer in silence. We’ll tailor a treatment plan to have you back on your feet which may include a strapping technique, change in footwear, icing, massage, dry needling support stocking, stretching and strengthening, or orthotic’s
- People struggle with maintaining the health of their feet. We’ll cut your toenails the proper way, remove corns and calluses, perform nail surgery in Toowoomba and provide you with priceless advice to prevent other issues such as ingrown toenails, thickened toenails, warts, and cracked heels.
- According to Diabetes Australia, if you’ve been diagnosed with thise chronic problem, then you must check your feet once a year if you’re low-risk, and once every three to six months if you’re high-risk. We are skilled in managing diabetics and their feet, including blood circulation, nerves, and other aspects that are a threat to your lifestyle.
- Sportsmen and women put their bodies through sporadic movements which may cause injuries. Our team is trained to offer sports podiatry services where we’ll help you avoid an injury rather than wait until you have one that needs treating. We’ll provide you with advice on selecting the correct footwear for training and involve other disciplines to ensure you’re injury-free.
About Podiatry Point
We are a group of passionate Toowoomba podiatrists who love improving the lives of our patients. When you make an appointment with us, we’ll go beyond the physical treatment aiming to understand you and your podiatry needs.
Contact us for a physical or virtual appointment.